We are thrilled to announce that registration is OPEN for the Sankofa Sisterhood Writers Retreat ~ Releasing the Selfless Woman: Becoming the Selfish Writer!
Retreat dates: Friday, May 22 – Monday, May 25th, 2015
Releasing the Selfless Woman… is letting go of all those things that keep us from writing. Becoming the Selfish Writer is about connecting your writing to all that makes you a woman. You will access your creativity using all the senses, through writing workshops, meditation, writing circles, nature walks and body art. This retreat is for published and unpublished writers.
APPLICATION: In a word or pdf document please answer the following:
City, State, Zip Code
TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
1. How do you identify (culturally ethnically, sexual orientation) – OPTIONAL
2. When did you know you were a writer? Why do you write?
3. What is your genre? (fiction, non-fiction, poetry, science fiction, fantasy, playwright, journalism, etc.)
4. Have you ever attended a writing workshop/retreat? Describe your experience:
5. Why do you want to participate in the Sankofa Sisterhood retreat? 6. What do you expect from this retreat?
Required writing sample: Your writing sample can be a combination of poetry and prose, short excerpts of a larger piece, published or unpublished work. It should be up to ten pages, double spaced, Times New Roman font, size 12, double spaced. $20 application fee due at time of submission. The retreat cost is $350.00 for the weekend (includes room, meals, workshops, activities, private writing). Limited space available the first (11) women.
April 30th – $100.00 Non-refundable deposit due and last day to apply
May 15th – Final payment due
If you have any questions please email: email@example.com
$100.00 Retreat Deposit
$150.00 Payment 1
$150.00 Payment 2
$50.00 Payment 3
$350.00 Full Payment
$250.00 Partial Payment/Commuter Rate
Refund policy: Full refund by May 1st 50% by May 15th No refund after May 15th We look forward to receiving your application! Completed application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Regards, Sankofa Sisterhood Organizers