Everything I watched on TV today was about trust. It was something that came up this weekend. My daughter and I had a long conversation about trust and honesty. We have always believed that if we don’t have our word we don’t have anything. I have been the betrayer and the betrayed.
What is at the root of trust and betrayal?
(1) Who do you/your characters trust? And Why? What makes them trusting? What qualities do they possess? (15 minutes) (2) Who don’t you/your characters trust? What makes them untrusting? What qualities do they possess? (15 minutes)
(3) What is needed for trust to exist? (15 minutes)
Remove yourself from this exercise. Allow your characters to speak. Allow what wants to be written to find its landing on the page. Surrender to the process. Lean in and trust what wants to be expressed.
Set your timer for the time allotted. Do not lift the pen off of the page. Do not over think. Do not censor or self edit. You are writing from a stream of consciousness. Trust what wants to be written. If you get stuck begin the prompt again… GO!!!
There are things we fear as writers. Certain truths we rather keep hidden. Let’s go there!
The intention for these prompts is to help you flush out your story and look for the scenes you might want to write. Whether we are writing fiction or non-fiction there are moments (the great stories do this well) where we are called to feel things. Allow us to feel everything. Allow us to see everything. Bring us into this world.
Joining in on my writing challenge and writers commitment! Here are the TWO rules:
1. Check in for yesterdays writing each day: How was yesterday? (post if you wrote, didn’t write, got stuck, need some support.)
Did you find it challenging to carve in the time to write? If we are honest with ourselves where could we have begun instead of doing…….. (Fill in the blank-leave your response in the comments). Yesterday is done. We are not beating ourselves up. Today we get to begin again.
2. WRITING COMMITMENT:
I AM committed to writing everyday!
I AM completely off FB or any form of social media until the days writing is done!
I WILL check in once a day everyday to share that I have met our goal!
If you are writing fiction or non-fiction, choose to write the prompt from whichever POV, or character you choose-i.e. 1st or third person.
(1) Who do you/your characters trust? And Why? What makes them trusting? What qualities do they possess? (15 minutes)
(2) Who don’t you/your characters trust? What makes them untrusting? What qualities do they possess? (15 minutes)
(3) What is needed for trust to exist? (15 minutes)minutes)
Alicia off FB, IG, Tumblr, WordPress – #WEWRITE
Copyright © 2015 by Alicia Anabel Santos