Good morning writers! Welcome to Day 1 of the 21 Day Writing Challenge: Writing on the #transsiberian @TranssibRail
Today we begin. I am so happy to have a such a large group of writers joining. For 21 Days we will be writing together, but the real commitment is the one we are making to our stories, projects and ourselves. Over the next 21 days if we truly honor our writing time we will be pleased with what we have.
So let’s get to it:
Please use the hashtag: #transsiberianwriters
You have only a few hours to pack your bags and this is intentional I want you to bring only what you need.
CAMINO 2 COMPLETION (C2C) list … my version of a to do list.
1. Pack your bags. Make a list of everything you are taking. The weather will vary ranging from 50c to low 70s. It will be cool on the train. What are you taking? Books. Writing material. List everything.
2. Today’s prompt: Write a letter to one person in your life about your intention for this trip. What are your hopes for your writing process? What do you hope to accomplish? What will you be working on and just overall what is your message for this person? How do you feel about this journey?
I want you to pick someone that you will be writing to daily about your journey. This person is the person you going to be checking in with and also the person that you are going to be sending your work in progress to. You will also be sending me a copy of that letter daily. You can keep it public or private that it’s entirely up to you. I will be sharing my journey publicly daily because I want people to follow our journey. I would love if you would post messages on your twitter, FB and IG so our people can follow our journey and cheer us on along the way.
An example of what I will share is who I’ve met, fictitious conversations with characters I meet on the journey, as well as what I have written. For example I might write that I completed three pages or added 1000 words to my story. I might share that I’ve edited or done revisions or if I spent the entire day reading research and taking notes. All of this is part of the process.
What we are going to be doing for the next three weeks is planning our projects out so we can set realistic goals for our time together.
Everyday we will set a goal for the day. I will post daily inspiration and provide you with a prompt. On my daily IG post you will state your daily writing goal.
21 Day Writing Challenge Rules
1. Write everyday for 21 Days. The amount we write does matter. This challenge is more than writing one sentence or one page. We are building. We are creating. We are pushing ourselves. It’s a challenge it’s supposed to feel like hard work.
2. Your work does not need to be shared publicly. But you must send me daily check ins. I am your accountability partner.
3. Don’t be afraid to take risks. Surrender and trust the process.
4. Constantly search for the truth in the writing. What aren’t you saying. Probe and question daily. Write what wants to be written.
5. You will be sending your work but I may request to read a sample along the way. I will ask for it.
DAY 1 #transsiberianwriters Welcome and Departure
1. Today’s prompt:
Write a letter to one person in your life about your intention for this trip. What are your hopes, dreams and goals for your writing process? What do you hope to accomplish? What will you be working on and just overall what is your message for this person?
Send me your list of everything you are bringing on this trip, your writing goals and letter before our departure tonight.
Flight leaves at 7:10pm. See you at the airport